Full Plate Thursday 3-1-12

Welcome to Full Plate Thursday and Welcome to Spring! I am so excited to see you today, I just came back in from the garden and checking our spring onions, they are doing so good, and can't wait to have the first fresh green onions. I snapped a few photos of spring flowers for you to enjoy today and let you know that Spring is on the way.  We are having lunch by the garden today and I can't wait to see what you have brought, come on in and lets get started.

 It's A Sea of White and Purple Wild Flowers

This is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Whole Wheat Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Pancakes  at Angie's Sweet Natured Treats
Morning Snack
Coconut Milk Crumpets  at An Irish Village Pantry
Lunch
Chinese Chicken Tangerine Salad  at Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Apple Blackberry Crisp  at Gluten Free Pantry
Afternoon Snack
Amazing Apple Fritters  at Life Is Sweets
Dinner
Pork and Vegetable Casserole  at Cozy Home Kitchen
Chocolate Oreo Cream Cake  at The Wednesday Baker
Special Recipe to Honor All The Grandma's 
Chicken In A Cloud  at Something Sweet Something Salty

If You Helped Me Fill My Plate Today Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Sidebar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story

When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Hi,
    I shared a recipe for a Cacao Date Energy Bar. Also, an article about the sacred foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth, and article about fructose.


    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miz Helen! Hope you are having a good week so far. This week I'm sharing my Easy Crockpot Red Beans and Rice. Talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miz Helen, I have shared Macaroon Kiss Cookies and Snickerdoodle Bread. The wild flowers are beautiful! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miz Helen,
    Thank you for hosting. I brought Banana Nut Bread. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about posting to your "Full Plate Thursday"! I'm looking forward to reading and perhaps trying out some of the recipes posted here. Thanks for hosting!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great selection of recipes! I've linked up an Apple pie for this week. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! I am sharing my recipe for Garnet Yam Crisp with Dried Cherries and Coconut. It is a super healthy recipe and very low in added sugar. Besides coconut in the topping, there are also sliced almonds and cornflakes. We love eating it for breakfast because it fills you up without being too heavy. My recipe is gluten free, but it can be made with "normal" flour if you don't have issues with gluten.
    Your flowers are beautiful! We have been so lucky here in AZ with our weather- my flowers are amazing and the hummingbirds couldn't be happier!
    Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wild flower pictures are so pretty, Miz Helen! I'll bet you love looking out at your view. I've shared a coffee cake, pork chops & cookies this week with you. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This week I’m sharing my How to Kick a Cold post, inspired by my nasty cold from last week. Take that, germs!

    http://www.ournourishingroots.com/how-to-kick-a-cold/

    I’m also sharing my favorite links from February, what I was reading and thinking about, and what I was making (or am going to make!) by reading my fellow bloggers posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miz Helen,

    Thank you so much for featuring my Apple Blackberry Crisp. What a beautiful garden you have! It is snowing like crazy here in the Rocky Mountains--I am soo ready for Spring! I can't wait to plant flowers and herbs with my kids.

    I shared my Butternut Squash Risotto and 5 Minute Chocolate Pudding recipes this week. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Miz Helen

    Love your photo, as I'm looking forward to spring, especially when here there's a big storm outside

    I'm sharing today my "Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Mousse"
    Thank you for hosting each week(!) and wishing you a lovely weekend
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen-

    Thank you for featuring my Pork and Vegetable Casserole. I appreciate you spreading the word about my new blog. Thanks for allowing us to link up each week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The whole wheat pancakes sound great! Nice to see the spring flowers-thanks for sharing:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miz Helen thank you so much for another week for wonderful food. A big hugh for the chocolate Oreo Cake feature. Do hope you enjoyed it. But, today I am bringing cookies, Raggedy Ann cookies, but my thumbprint doesn't look very good, I messed up! If you can delete it I will come back and redo it? Have a wonderful week and enjoy those wild flowers Its a BLIZZARD in Maine today.....Work closed so I get to stay home and enjoy................Andi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for such a lovely variety of recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another one beautiful collection of food ideas. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! Have great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choices this week! We linked up a wonderful crustless quiche today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am visiting, but still am not sure about this "linking" thing. I'll have to work on it after things calm down some around here.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting another beautiful Full Plate Thursday, Miz Helen!
    I'm trying to link up, but three times it just gives me the message "Can't find Server"...so I will try again, later! (I think it's just a glitch at my end)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at that Beautiful Garden! Your link-up is HUGE this week! Thank you for hosting!

    (I shared Quinoa Pudding, an old-fashioned, slow-baked pudding sweetened with maple syrup and raisins.)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! What a great round-up this week.

    I'm sharing 5 Protein Packed Breakfasts That Will Make You Leap Out of Bed, Sumac Spiced Salmon with Beurre Noir, and an Oven Roasted Tomato Salad with Spiced Croutons.

    Thanks for filling my plate with great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I linked up some frosted brownies! Lots of great dishes to drool over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sharing my Creamy Coleslaw recipe and my not-quite-authentic (but very tasty!) pho - Faux Pho. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sharing our latest in recipe tweaking: an easy garlic parmesan pasta that is made in only one saucepan (no need to pre-cook the noodles!). Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am also sharing my latest REAL FOOD 101 post, all about how to make yogurt. Learn how to work with raw milk to make raw yogurt, as well as how to make 24-hour GAPS yogurt that is completely free of lactose from the culturing process.

    http://www.ournourishingroots.com/real-food-101-how-to-make-yogurt/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I shared Red Lentil Soup which is a personal favorite of mine. Looking at all of the other posts is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Miz Helen! Happy March. We're having a snowstorm here in March so about all I want to do is eat and look at pretty pictures on the web. Maybe I'll see some flowers like those eventually? We brought some Irish Soda Bread cooked in the crock-pot and Crock-Pot Pumpkin Soup. Hope you enjoy! - Tara from Crock-Pot Ladies

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen and what a lovely picture of Spring flowers! I took a picture of my snowdrops last Saturday and today was 16 degrees C and I saw daffodils (my favourite Spring flower) in full bloom - so unusual for this time of year! However, we are forecast much colder weather for the rest of March! Today I posted a link to my Beetroot Salad. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Miz Helen,
    Today I've brought some Honey, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Crispy Rice Treats (GFCF, refined-sugar-free) to share. I hope you and your guests will enjoy some while you get to look at those lovely wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. HI, sharing for the first time. It's my 'crispy' chicken casserole. It doesn't seem to be up there, so if it doesn't appear I'll post again tomorrow.
    Thanks for the opportunity to share. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! Hope you're enjoying this GREAT weather!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for hosting!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for hosting! I shared an improvised recipe: Pecan Crusted Ruffy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much Miz Helen for featuring my great grandmother's recipe "Chicken In A Cloud." As you may have noticed, I just started my blog about a month ago and your feature really boosted my followers. I can't thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks so much for the party! Fun to see everyone's food.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I have shared my Wilton Course 4 final cake.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Linking up! have a super weekend. I'm running late linking up but that is a good thing because I get to see all the recipes! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. it's starting to feel like spring here too - daffodils, cherry blossoms, weird little green shoots coming out of the ground... it makes me so happy!

    You know what else makes me happy? your linky party! This week i've linked up my recipe adaptation for braising green & caramelized onion tacos. Talk about West coast Winter food!

    ReplyDelete
  41. happy linky day! (or 2).. little late this week - what. a. week. !

    i've added my recipe here for homemade churros (as part of the secret recipe club) and of course something to dip them in - vanilla bean pot de creme!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Miz Helen a big hug to you and thank you for the feature of the OREO chocolate cake. That is one recipe I am glad I found and will keep it for sure...........andi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen