Full Plate Thursday 6-28-12


It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

We have been busy canning here at The Cottage and trying to keep up the abundant harvest that we have been given this year, it is awesome.  We are also getting ready for our 4th of July Celebration, that will be over two week ends this year. Some of the little community festivities will be this week end, then a big fireworks show on the 4th. Our little community will have their annual parade and bake sale on the 7th. WoW we are going to be busy!  I know that all of you are very busy right now with wonderful summer activities and I am so excited that you took the time to come by today. I can hardly wait to see what you are sharing with us today, so lets get right to it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and sure hope you will come back real soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Perfect Summer Breakfast  Of  Such Is The Kingdom
Morning Snack
Lunch
Rosemary Bread  at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen
Big Easy Mango Freezy  at The Blest Nest
Afternoon Snack
Cilantro Jalapeno Limeade  at Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
Dinner
Zucchini Crab Cakes at  Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Smoked Corn On The Cob   at Meg's Everyday Cooking
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Walnuts   at The Old Fashioned Housewife
Potato Buttermilk Bread  at Don't Waste The Crumbs
Hershey Bar Cake  at Country Momma Cooks
Canning and Preserving
Strawberry Fig Jam  at Prudent Pantry
Sauvignon Jelly  at A Flock In The City

If You Are Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home

The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thank you for hosting!
    I was just reading your brisket post--awesome smoke ring! Have any burnt ends left? (Of course not, what am I saying? How could there be any leftovers?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, Miz. Helen. I hope you had a good vacation last week. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the party, Miz Helen! Great features :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding my Hershey Bar Cake to your menu.....and for hosting such a wonderful party : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a different post for me today, but I hope that your readers appreciate the recipe as much as I do. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    Tara @ Simply Made Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miz Helen, I hope you're keeping cool in this heat! Thank you for featuring my Rosemary Bread. I will certainly take home the red plate. Thanks for hosting your weekly party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look like some delicious features from last week! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much for hosting! this week, I shared my Broccoli and Kale Pesto Pasta! It's gluten free, vegan, and Body Ecology Diet friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miz Helen, I have shared Baked "Fried" Squash and Pina Colada Fruit Salad. Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to let you know that I am passing the Sunshine Award along to you! Here's a link with some more info sunshine Award

    I'm also linking up my Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts.
    Dawn @ DJ's Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miz Helen! Today I've shared my Fourth of July Cocktail and my Moist Chocolate Farmhouse Cake, it's a cake with a secret ingredient!

    I hope you have a great time at all of your festivities this weekend!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miz Helen! Great looking features and party! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it sounds like you have one packed weekend! Get it?? packed?? canning?? maybe that was a bad joke...

    This week I’ve linked up 2 Posts:

    1. my Secret Recipe Club assignment: Balsamic Slow Braised Grass-Fed (Pastured) Beef Short Ribs. By FAR, best meal I’ve had in a long time. I recommend them to anyone who likes beef. Or meat. Or food. ;)

    2. a guest post from Heather @ Tart and Heathered: Brownies with a twist… specifically, bacon. oh yes. we went there.

    Also: Keep an eye out next Wednesday – there’s a new blog hop in town and I think you’re gonna like it! All fresh foods (CSAs; farmer’s market treasures; garden hauls; & similarly related posts) welcome!

    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great list of features for the week! I'm looking forward to checking them out asap!

    This week i've linked up my incredible crusted steak sandwich. it's incredible. go figure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy the harvest! I planted last this year so I'm still waiting:@)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful 4th of July. Sounds like a terrific party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always a great party! We linked up Okra Salad today. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Miz Helen for hosting each week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen! Sounds like you will be quite busy the next couple of weeks. Have a great week and safe 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our weather has been so rainy and cold, we have only just managed to plant our seedlings - I am a little envious of your abundant harvest - I can't wait for really fresh veggies! Thank you so much for hosting, Miz Helen, and have a lovely 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yay! Thanks for featuring my Cilantro Jalapeno Limeade!! What an honor, you've made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely group of wonderful foods, and desserts featured here. Thanks for being a gracious hostess...as always, Miz Helen!

    Have a safe and Happy 4th of July:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bless your heart, Miz Helen, for featuring my salad! I feel so blessed! I look forward to this carnival each week and am proud to be on your menu this week. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good afternoon Miz Helen! Hope you've had a lovely week!

    Today I've shared my Ginger and Vanilla Plum Crumble gluten free and suitable for the SCD!

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for featuring my Buttermilk Bread Miz Helen! I'm honored! I shared a summer squash pasta dish this week - it would be DELICIOUS with the bread! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen!


    I'm sharing a delicious Chipotle Corn & Zucchini Salad, How To Cut the Perfect Avocado - Every Time, and a Giveaway for a The Complete Idiot's Guide To Fermenting Foods

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/06/the-complete-idiots-guide-to-fermenting-foods-review-giveaway.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen, thanks for hosting another wonderful Full Plate Thursday! I'm sharing my super-tasty Ginger and Lime Chicken salad, and my multi-purpose crepes/tortillas (gluten free, dairy free).

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this selection Helen! All the salads sound so refreshing. Hope you're doing okay in the heat. Thanks for hosting this every week, I always look forward to seeing all the new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much for featuring Of Such is the Kingdom! I hope you enjoyed your breakfast cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Miz Helen,
    To add to your bountiful table today I'm bringing an easy meal -- Crock Pot Beef Stew. Besides being flavorful and easy, it's also gluten-free and casein-free.
    Have a wonderful Independence Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the opportunity to link up. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun here>

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for featuring my mango freeze recipe, Miz Helen! It sure cools me off on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Miz Helen. I have linked up something fun for the 4th, Creamy Dessert Salad Parfaits. Thank you for hosting this fun link party. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Miz Helen,

    I've brought a wonderful salad to the table: California Salad with Avocado, Orange, and Walnuts
    http://www.myhealthyeatinghabits.com/2012/06/29/california-salad-avocado-orange-walnuts/
    Thanks for hosting!

    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Miz Helen,

    I've brought a wonderful salad to the table: California Salad with Avocado, Orange, and Walnuts
    http://www.myhealthyeatinghabits.com/2012/06/29/california-salad-avocado-orange-walnuts/
    Thanks for hosting!

    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen