Full Plate Thursday 8-22-13

Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

Over this past weekend my "Honey Bunny" and I were having a candle light dinner on our back porch, in August that is almost unheard of in Texas, we thought we were in heaven! What a gift of wonderful weather we have had and I am so happy that you are here to enjoy it with us.  I have some nice Iced Tea and these great Key Lime Cookies for you today, so come on in and make yourself comfortable.  I can't wait to see what you are sharing today and lets get it on the table so we can eat.

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Eggs In A Muffin Tin  at One Little Project
Back To School
Back To School Breakfast   at Crystal and Company
Morning Snack
Lunch
Cold Yogurt Cucumber Soup  at Gluten Free A-Z Blog
Imam Bayildi  at Culinary Flavors
Baked Peaches and Cream  at Living The gourmet
Afternoon Snack
Almond Orange Floretines  at Kitchen Flavours
Dinner
Grilled Caponata Salad  at Soup Spice Everything Nice
Homemade French Bread  at A Crafty Cook
Peach Galette  at Food and Thrift

Back To School Snacks
Healthy After School Snack Ideas  at Yummy Healthy Easy
School Bus Cake  at Creative Southern Home 

If You Were Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home

The Code Is On The Side Bar 
Background Story On Full Plate Thursday
 When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money.   Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
Guidelines
 When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book and other social media. Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin the entire party to a dedicated page and many of your individual recipes to Pinterest.
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
 Thank You For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for hosting and letting me join in. I am #2 tonight. I will be back in the morning to peruse the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your party, Miz Helen! Have a sweet week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my 29 Healthy After School Snack Ideas!! I love linking up here! Thank you for always hosting such a great party!

    Thanks!
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the party Miz Helen. I brought a zucchini recipe to trade for your fabulous Zucchini Stix at my party. Best wishes for tasty dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun party, Miz Helen! Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miz Helen,
    So glad you were blessed with some cooler days. Such a surprise in August!
    This week I've brought some Mini-Meat Loaf with Mushroom Sauce. It's easy to cook, easy to serve and easy to freeze and then reheat. (It's also gluten-free, even the sauce.)
    I hope you have a great week!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miz Helen,
    So glad you were blessed with some cooler days. Such a surprise in August!
    This week I've brought some Mini-Meat Loaf with Mushroom Sauce. It's easy to cook, easy to serve and easy to freeze and then reheat. (It's also gluten-free, even the sauce.)
    I hope you have a great week!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you and your husband have been having lovely weather too. It's been gorgeous here in the UK. It is raining today but we are promised more summer next week! Thank you for hosting the party. This week I've shared a very easy and totally yummy Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake. Have a lovely weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for hosting...your blog is lovely...

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you included my cold yogurt cucumber soup in your lunch this week. This is such a great party that I look forward to every week. Thanks for hosting and thanks for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Comfortable weather in Texas in August is almost unheard of. We lived in Houston for many years and it seemed as if it was always hot there.

    Thanks for hosting and I hope your weather continues to be delightful for the weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are having such fine weather. It warmed up here in NY but the nights are still pleasant enough that we don't need air conditioning... wonderful end of summer. Thank you for the party and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for hosting each week. I look forward to joining in your party every Thursday :) And also for the feature this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Miz Helen, thanks for hosting, your cookies look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen! As always I love stopping by to see all the great selections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen! Thank you for hosting!!

    I shared a video I filmed on a recent road trip. Healthy travel tips, gorgeous sunsets, and the importance of just getting away from it all are under the hood! :)

    Wishing you a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you were able to enjoy dining al fresco in August! It's been mild in Philly too. Have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miz Helen. Thanks for hosting this great party, as always!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miz Helen, Thank you for being a lovely and gracious hostess...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm back again, after linking up...browsing through how you filled your plate this week, Miz Helen. 'Lo and Behold'...just noticed that you filled your plate with my Peach Galette! Thank you so much, I'm really quite speechless, and honored. Have a wonderful end of the week, and cooler temperatures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the party, Miz Helen. Wow am I late this week. So many links!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miz Helen,
    Thanks for hosting the party. Hope you like my Asiago Soft Pretzel Buns.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miz Helen, thanks so much for being a gracious hostess! :-0
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  24. Miz Helen,
    Thank you for taking time to host this party each week...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for hosting! I am happy to join you each week! :-) God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad you were able to enjoy a little alfresco dining! We've been able to enjoy a couple of late dinners outside here in Phoenix too! It's always such an unexpected treat this time of year.

    Thanks again for a wonderful party. The recipes look as delicious as every!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Warmly,

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the party, Miz Helen. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Miz Helen,

    Thank you for being such a warm and lovely host. Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for featuring my Imam Bayildi Miz Helen! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am going to win the award for missing the deadline the most often. It is really hard for me to link up or post from Thursday to Monday. In the meanwhile, I am enjoying those beautiful dishes you are showing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Miz Helen,
    Thank you for featuring my Florentines! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen