Full Plate Thursday 8-8-13

Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

Do you feel a certain pressure to hurry and get all the summer things done?  Along about the second or third week in August I always sit down and access the summer list and try to prioritize the remainder of the items on the list, there is never enough time.  Lot's of folks are getting children ready to start back to school and packing in last minute vacation's before the school life begins again.  Some are getting ready to begin the fall church and civic season, we just feel that change coming.  I sure am glad you were able to take out time from your life today and sit for a while with us to enjoy some good food and fellowship.  Let's get in your basket and see what you have brought to share today, I'm hungry aren't you?

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Honey Berry Stuffed French Toast  at Living Better Together
Morning Snack
Watermelon Lime Slushie  at Cookin' For The Seven Dwarfs
Multi Color Cake Roll with Cream  at Happier Than A Pig In Mud
Lunch
Hawaiian Dogs  at Love Bakes Good Cakes
Dilly Ham Macaroni Salad  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Texas Cake  at Make Mine Lemon
Afternoon Snack
Tropical Watermelon Slushy  
Sweet Iced Tea Lemonade Popsickle  at Natasha Food/ Nibble and Noshes
Dinner
Chicken, Pineapple and Pepper Kabobs  at Tumble Weed Contessa
Mango Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette  at My Carolina Kitchen 
Crispy Smashed Roasted Potatoes  at Mostly Food and Crafts
Challah  Something Sweet  at Winnie's Blog
Slushy Strawberry Punch  at Growing In Grace
Peach Strawberry Cobbler  at Sweet Carolines Corner
Preserving Food
Dill Pickles  at Home Maid Simple 
Pickled Beets  at Turnips 2 Tangerines

If You Are Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home

 The Code Is On The Side Board

Background Story For Full Plate Thursday

When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money.   Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".

 Guidelines
When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book and other social media.
Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin the entire party to a dedicated page and many of your individual recipes to Pinterest.
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
 Thank You For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Miz Helen,
    Thanks for hosting another great party. I'm the first to participate this week, so I'll be back to see what everyone else brings.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much for the party and feature, Miz Helen :) Summer seems to fly by every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the party, Miz Helen!! I sure hope you're having a great week!

    ~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you chose the Texas Cake. I feel honored. I have had a lot of fun reviving this old recipe. I brought you Cod with Tomato & Tapenade. I do hope you will try it. It really is so good I surprised myself. Thank you for hosting and letting me join in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature and for hosting, Miz Helen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for adding my kabobs to your dinner line up. I brought some dessert this week. Thanks for letting me share. Best wishes for tasty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweet friend! Your key lime ice cream sounds so refreshing for this summer heat. Thank you for hosting and visiting us each week. You're the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is lovely and your pie sounds amazing! Thank you for hosting! You have a very busy and fun hop! aw your button on a friend's blog and clicked over.
    I promise to grab your badge for my sidebar tmrw AM! Thanks:)
    God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen. Hope your week is full of good things!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I enjoy your party every week. I am sharing my chocolate chip banana bread. It didn't even last one afternoon in my house! :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen. Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Miz Helen for another party, and I wish you a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miz Helen, your plate is always full of some DELICIOUS stuff. :-) Thanks for hosting!!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning! We linked up three recipes this week. Gotten very ambitious. Haha. Happy Thursday. Thanks for hosting a great linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for filling your plate with my Smashed Potatoes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen,
    My kids swim team has ended and I thought we would get to relax, but like you said there are all these little things to do...like dentists and doctors appointments, school shopping extra to get down before Sept. Glad you are getting a quiet moment. I will eventually get to sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for filling your plate with Slushy Strawberry Punch. I so appreciate it. Hope your week is going well. Blessings to you, Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so thrilled to see my Mango and Corn Salad in your list of dinners this week on your menu. Thank you.

    Also thank you for hosting each week. Have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for hosting!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love sharing at your link party each week...Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a great party so far Helen, quite a few of the photos caught my eye as I scanned what others have brought. Thanks for hosting, and enjoy the rest of your week. :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Thank you so much for featuring my Pickled Beets:) Have a wonderful weekend~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi MIz Helen. It's the peak of summer here and so long without rain, we're finally looking forward to it. I contributed a favorite berry crisp because it's the perfect dessert for summer. Hope you're staying cool, I hear it's been really hot in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miz Helen,
    I'm sharing some lovely lime curd today. Thank you for hosting! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miz Helen,

    It's nice to be back. Thanks for hosting!

    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Miz Helen,

    Thanks for another great party. Summer certainly is flying by. The kids here in Phoenix are already back to school. I'm glad I grew up when school didn't being till after Labor Day! Summer is short enough, already. Have a wonderful week.

    Warmly,

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for another great party Miz Helen!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear, I posted a comment and got a Whoops message. I will try again and if the other one shows up, sorry. I am late this week and missed the linky so all I can do is thank you for running a linky that attracts great recipes. I could spend a lot of time following all the links that appeal to me. A good week, Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank you so much for sharing my Dill Pickles Miz Helen! I hope you enjoy them as much as I am. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen